CannaClean

BioVex®
Disinfecting Solution

Our  pharmaceutical-grade ClO2 is a safe and cost-effective disinfectant that reduces the spread of bloodborne pathogens and communicable infections. It can be used across many environments and dilution levels. The proprietary blend of oxychloro chemistry of BioVex® provides disinfection by attacking the surfaces of microbes and breaking them down. It works immediately on contact and remains working until dried. No residual active compound is left behind so no rinsing is required. BioVex® is also an excellent deodorizer.

Call today for pricing and details 405.849.9780

Frequently Asked Questions

What is ClO2?

Stabilized chlorine dioxide is ClO2 gas captured in an aqueous solution. While Chlorine Dioxide and Chlorine share a name and both react through a process called oxidation, the effects of these compounds are completely different. Chlorine reacts and releases carcinogens and has little to zero microbial activity. Chlorine Dioxide reacts and adds oxygen to the air and when the process is complete ClO2 is reduced to the same by-products of salt. While oxidizing, our ClO2 solution, never creates anything toxic, corrosive, or carcinogenic

Why is our ClO2 different?

Created through a proprietary Solvay process, our ClO2 results in a pharmaceutical-grade product. We use the same base product (sodium chlorite) in eye drops, mouth wash, paper mills, water treatment and more. ClO2 does require activation, unlike most ClO2, ours is ready-to-use in seconds, not hours, and stored for up to 15 days. 

Is ClO2 safe?

As with any chemical, safety is a large concern. After activation and dilution, our ClO2 is mild on your skin, eyes, lungs, and surfaces. Be sure to read the BioVex label before use.

What is BioVex?

BioVex is a unique and proprietary blend of oxychloro chemistry that can be activated to generate a highly efficient and effective, broad-spectrum, hospital-grade disinfectant that eliminates viruses, bacteria, mold, mildew, odors and allergens. EPA Registration #9804-1

What does BioVex kill?

BioVex is a Bacteriacide, Virucide, Fungicide, and Tuberculicide. BioVex is uniquely effective against biofilm and is proven against bloodborne pathogens such as MRSA, VRE, HIV, and HEP-C. It also controls A virus, Salmonella, Listeria, E-Colli, and Trichophyton among others. It is on the EPA List N for use against Covid-19 with a 5 minute contact time.

How do I activate BioVex?

BioVex is provided in a matched bottle to activator packaging. Everything is pre-measured and easy to use. Simply add the entire contents of the activator pack to the matched bottle of concentrate, shake for a few seconds, and then add the entire activated concentrate to the appropriate amount of tap water indicated on the package. The resulting application solution is then ready to use.

Do I need to rinse or clean surfaces after using BioVex?

No! BioVex requires no finish rinse. Simply apply it and forget it. It disinfects until the treated surface area is dry. It leaves no active residue behind.

What is a Hospital-Grade Disinfectant?

The EPA registers three types of disinfectants: Limited, General, and Hospital. All three disinfectants destroy or irreversibly inactivate certain microorganisms on hard, inanimate surfaces and objects. You can determine a “limited,” “general,” or “hospital” disinfectant by the microorganisms listed on the label.

Limited must be supported by efficacy testing against either Salmonella cholerasuis or Staphylococcus aureus. Limited disinfectants are found mostly in household use. 

General must be supported by efficacy testing against both Salmonella cholerasuis and Staphylococcus aureus. General disinfectants are used in commercial areas.

Hospital must be supported by AOAC Use Dilution or AOAC Germicidal Spray efficacy testing against Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella cholerasuis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa hides behind biofilm and is difficult to eliminate. Killing this bacterium is required for “Hospital Disinfectant”.

Do I still need to clean?

Yes, BioVex is only effective against what it touches. Dirt and grime build a barrier between the surfaces and the solution limiting its effectiveness. For heavily soiled areas, a pre-cleaning step is required.